If you have been injured in a car accident, by a faulty product, or due to the negligence of someone else, you may be wondering if you should contact a Mississippi personal injury attorney or attempt to navigate your claim alone. Our attorneys believe in telling it like it is. If we feel your case is very minor and you can receive a fair settlement on your own, we will tell you. But we feel that in most cases, appropriate representation is key. Here are 5 reasons your case requires a personal injury attorney:
- Experienced personal injury attorneys can fairly value your claim. During your consultation, we will listen to your presentation of the incident and ask you a number of questions. These questions and the facts you present will help us estimate the value of your claim. We consider previous similar claims and their results to determine the fair value in your case. With this value in mind, we have a starting point for negotiations with the insurance company. If you go it alone, you are at the mercy of the insurance adjuster.
- Insurance adjusters can be manipulative. The insurance adjuster may have already contacted you and presented you with a low-ball offer. These often insulting offers are thrown out in an attempt to get you to settle your case rapidly and for less than you deserve. If you do not accept this settlement, the insurance adjuster will begin to pressure you. He or she may insist that your injuries are minor, that you do not deserve additional compensation, that you are being deceptive, or that you were at fault in the incident. If you work with a personal injury attorney, we will deal with the insurance adjuster. And rest assured, we are familiar with their tactics.
- We know when to settle, and when to go to court. Often, our aggressive attorneys are able to get you a fair settlement without pursuing litigation. Sometimes, however, we recognize that in order to achieve fair compensation for your injuries we must proceed to court. Our attorneys are not afraid of this alternative and are happy to exercise it in the pursuit of justice.
- Attorneys will handle any upfront costs. If your case proceeds to discovery, there may be many upfront costs. Costs include hiring experts, court reporters, paying for deposition, and more. Your attorney will cover these upfront costs so that you do not have to pay out of pocket until we recover money in your case.
- Studies have shown that legal representation results in significantly higher settlements. A study by the Insurance Research Council indicates that individuals with legal representation receive an average of 3.5 times as much than individuals who choose to pursue their claim without assistance.
If you have been injured through no fault of your own, we want to help you get the compensation you deserve. Medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering can be stressful both financially and emotionally. Contact our Mississippi personal injury attorneys today for a free consultation and let us fight for your rights.